Every summer we are all faced with the same question – you are heading to a friend or families house for a BBQ and ask if you should bring something. They almost always say no, just bring yourself! But you know better, and I am here to help.
This broccoli crunch salad if filled with good-for-you ingredients, tastes amazing and keeps well in the fridge. I wouldn’t recommend this if it’s going to sit in the sun however, so in that case, refer to my other side dish recipes! (If I need something that has to sit out, I generally opt for an orzo pasta salad – you can find one here)
I love this because it has a little bit of tang from the greek yogurt, sweetness from the cranberries and so much crunch from everything else. It’s a bowl of wonders with simple ingredients.
I also make this occasionally to bring as a snack to work too. It’s a great way to get a little more fiber, energy and protein during what is usually known as the “afternoon slump”.
I hope you enjoy!
- ⅓ C canola mayo
- 3 TBS Greek Yogurt (the more fat the better)
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ of a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, chopped into very small florets
- ½ C slivered almonds
- ½ C dried cranberries
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients, stirring well
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients, then pour the dressing over the top, mixing well to combine.
- Cover and let it sit in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.