A perfect spring dish! The beans are slow roasted in fresh chopped garlic and shallots then drizzled with lemon juice to give them a truly flavorful spring feel.
Green beans are an easy and healthy side dish that take no time at all to prepare. I had bought these fresh in a steam bag but opted to roasted them for a little more flavor, but if your rushed for time then steaming is just as delicious.
I served this with a simple seasoned chicken sautee and brown rice.
- 1 large bag of cleaned and prepped fresh green beans
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large baking dish, mix together all the ingredients and put in the oven to roast for 30 minutes. Us enough olive oil to coat the green beans (about ¼ cup)
- Once the beans are cooked and starting to brown, remove them from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Serve immediately or use in a salad for lunch the next day!