Week 1 Meal Plan
With the right meal plan, you can save big $ at the grocery store,
and still eat healthy.
$52.98 is exactly how much this meal plan, designed to feed 2 people for an entire week, cost me.
However I did already have a few simple items in my pantry, including:
- half a vidalia onion
- olive oil
- leftover steak from the freezer
- brown rice
If you do not already have the above mentioned items, then simply add them to the Week 1 Grocery list below:
Week 1 Grocery List
Breads & Fruits
- Loaf of multi-grain bread $1.50
- 1 jar apricot preserve $1.89
- 1 jar grape jelly $1.79
- 1 container Old Fashioned Oats $1.99
- 1 Pineapple $2.99
- 2lbs Strawberries $3.99
- 2 limes $1.00
- 1 Can Chopped Green Chiles $1.00
- 1 jar Mrs. Refrenos Salsa Verde $2.99
- 2 15oz cans black beans $1.38
- 1 16oz can cannelini beans $0.69
- 2lbs carrots $1.99
- 4 tomatoes $2.49
- Jalapeno pepper $0.16
- 1 small red onion $0.43
- 1 bunch scallions $0.99
- 1 small red pepper $0.99
- 5 ears of corn $2.00
- 2 small sweet potatoes $1.00
Meats & Other
- Gallon of 1% Milk $3.79
- 40 Calorie Fudgicles $1.00
- Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips $2.89
- Cilantro $0.99
- 36oz low sodium chicken broth $2.00
- Pork chops $3.69
- 5 skinless chicken breasts $7.48
Once you have your shopping done, it's finally time to start cooking! See below for Week 1 Recipes.
Week 1 Meals
Below is this week's meal breakdown...
- Fried eggs & toast
- Leftovers from last night's dinner
- Spinach Salad (mix spinach with whatever veggies and salad dressing you prefer)
- Black bean cakes with corn salsa
- 5 Ingredient Mexican Chicken Soup
- Pork Chops with Apricot-Jalapeno Jam, Smashed Carrots & Sweet Potatoes
- Grilled steak with corn on the cob (use a sprinkle of black pepper and sea salt on the steak)
- Cajun chicken sandwiches with Roasted Carrot Fries
- Peanut butter on toast
- Dark chocolate
Make the meals in whatever order suits you best.
I would love to hear from you so please send me an email via Lauren@creativelydelish.com. I am happy to help you in any way! If you'd like more meal plans like this one, plus dozens of simply delicious recipes, then consider joining Creatively Delish as a member! Click the button below for the details.
Looking to create a healthier, more nutritious life for yourself?
Then consider joining Creatively Delish as a member on a "pay what you want" basis. You'll get instant access to all of CD's best recipes and meal plans. Click the button below to learn more.