Are you ready for this?! Picture beef tenderloin marinated in a sweet sauce of ginger and hoisen sauce, then baked in a blanket of crispy panko and crushed almonds, drizzled with a sauce combining fresh lemon juice, rice vinegar, soy and hoisen sauce, honey and red pepper flakes....yep, it's pretty delicious.
Coming in just under 400 calories and made with clean ingredients or to be easily substituted.Perfect for those non-grilling months when you just need something new on the menu. Serve it with brown rice and a steamed veggie on the side and voila - a delicious dinner full of protein and flavor.
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 TBS fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 TBS hoisen sauce
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed & cubed
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 C unsalted almonds, finely chopped in a food processor
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- Combine egg white, ginger, s&p and 1 TBS hoisen sauce in a bowl. Add the beef and toss well. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and remaining hoisen sauce in a seperate bowl, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil
- Combine almonds and panko and mix together. Roll beef cubes in mix then set on the baking sheet.
- Spoon the sauce from step 2 over each piece of beef, then bake for 18-20 minutes, or until beef is fully cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice and a veggie for a complete meal