Quick Weeknight Dinner: Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
A quick and healthy weeknight meal that takes 30 minutes to throw together, with enough for leftovers to bring for lunch the next day! Top it with sliced radishes for a little crunch and serve it with a side of carrot fries for a perfectly balanced meal.
As part of Meal Planning Week 1, here is a recipe that is both practical and healthy. Practical because this is perfect for bringing as a lunch the next day and healthy because you're going to make this all by yourself!
The radishes give this sandwich a great crunch and a great way to throw more veggies in to your meal!
Instead of starchy potato fries to have with this, try healthy, low-fat Carrot Fries instead!
Click here for the Roasted Carrot Fries Recipe.
- 2 whole-wheat sandwich thins
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 C shredded cheese
- 4-5 radishes, cleaned and sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 450 and trim fat from the chicken and cut it in half lengthwise to make them thinner.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken bake for 25 minutes, then using two forks, shred the chicken and put into a bowl.
- Combine as much BBQ sauce as you want and the cheese with the chicken.
- Toast the sandwich thins, slice the radishes, then build your sandwich and enjoy!