Easy Lemon Chicken
A breaded version of Lemon Chicken that is super simple to throw together, because we all have "those days".
Typical night: You get home from a loooooooong day, tired, cold and starving (I know, poor me), and you need something quick and easy. Sound about right? Yep, I know the feeling. So might I recommend Lemon Chicken??? With just a few ingredients, you get a great meal full of flavor, cooked in lightning speed time!
Ok I've sold you on the idea...you're welcome.
Lemon Chicken has been a staple in my diet since the day I was able to chew food. My Mom would make this almost on a weekly basis, served with cous-cous and steamed broccoli. When I moved out on my own in college, it was one of the first things I ever learned to cook. I like to make mine extra lemony, and if I'm feeling fancy I'll add some fresh (and I mean only fresh) rosemary and thyme sprigs, with garlic, white wine and olive oil. My Mom and I are a huge fan of Panko, which is a larger bread crumb that gives it a little extra crunch. If you like to spice it up like I do, add some red pepper flakes to the Panko. I also tried some lemon zest in there too which gave it a little extra kick of lemon when it was pan seared.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- ½ lemon, sliced thin
- ½ C dry white wine
- 1 egg
- 1 C Panko
- 1 TBS red pepper flakes & 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Place a large pan with oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Get 2 bowls - in one, whisk egg, in the second mix Panko with red pepper flakes and lemon zest
- Dredge chicken in egg then in crumbs
- Pan sear both sides of the chicken (brown both sides)
- Pour in lemon juice and wine and garnish with s&p and let simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Serve with lemon slices