Egg Noodle Stir Fry with Chicken
I threw this meal together after work one evening and it was delicious! Full of flavor, cheap and easy as can be to make and perfect for lunch the next day!
It is a simple combination of fresh garlic and ginger, whatever veggies you have in the fridge, some lean protein and an easy marinade all thrown over egg noodles for a surprisingly quick and easy meal.
The ginger and garlic can make it a bit spicy, so don't use too much if you hate spice - however those egg noodles calm it down perfectly.
The best part about this whole meal was it went from raw to ready in only twenty minutes! How easy is that?
My parents had just come to visit and my Mom had brought me a little batch of black and white sesame seeds. They won't give out that much extra flavor, but if you have them, use them because their beautiful for starters and seeds are always a healthy compliment to any meal.
If you want some flavor from them, try toasting them in a sautee pan over medium heat until they turn fragrant.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into strips
- Use any veggies lying around! This time around I used 12 asparagus spears, cut into questers, 3 green onions also cut into quarters, sliced mushrooms and a small onion sliced.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, chopped
- 1/2 bag egg noodles
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS tamari, low sodium
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBS sirracha
- Cook noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- While noodles cook, heat the oil in a sautee pan and add garlic and ginger. Let that cook for about 2 minutes to become fragrant, but be careful they don't burn. Add the chicken and brown each side, then add veggies and sauces.
- Cover and let that cook about 5-8 minutes, so the chicken finishes and the veggies cook down only a bit (you still want a little snap to your asparagus or (if using them) carrots).
- Serve together in a bowl and pour some of the juice over top and enjoy!