Roasted Poblano Chicken Salad
Juicy shredded chicken tossed with fresh lime juice, sliced roasted poblano peppers, hints of anaheim peppers, cilantro and chili powder.
Doesn't that just sound yummy?!
This recipe is inspired by a super delicious chicken salad I had at Whole Foods the other day that I began to crave immediately after. Of course I refuse to spend my hard-earned money on things Whole Foods makes, so I created a recipe just as satisfying (and way less $).
Roasting the poblano's gave them a richer, slightly smokey and charred flavor to the salad. It was perfect over greens, in a wrap or just on it's own!
Never seen a poblano pepper before?
The most important part is that you know exactly what you're eating, and you just can't beat that.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 poblano pepper, washed, roasted whole then sliced into thin strips
- 1 anaheim pepper, sliced thin
- juice of 1-2 limes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- To roast the poblanos, place them on a baking sheet and rub a little olive oil over them. Put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400, turning once. Let them cool before slicing.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!