One of the best parts about this is that it took very little effort to make and cost about $3.00 to make, with enough to serve at least 4 people.
The taste is very subtle and light – just a taste of garlic and creme fraiche with a sprinkling of salt and pepper, so it pairs perfectly as a side for many many dishes. Tonight we had it with my Spicy Chicken Sausage & Broccolini Sautee (click here for the recipe!).
A rich, creamy side dish that will make you think you’re actually having mashed potatoes, yet really, you’re being a health nut who won’t end up with “mashed potato belly” when you’re finished (please tell me you know what I’m talking about!)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into ¼'s
- 4 garlic cloves, softened* and smashed with a knife
- 2 TBS creme fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat about 1 cup of water until it comes to a low boil, then add cauliflower and cover to let it steam. After 8 minutes, check the cauli for softness and add garlic cloves to the pot to soften for two more minutes.
- Drain the water, then add all ingredients back to the pot, and either using a hand-mixer or a whisk, mash everything together until desired consistency.
- Taste test and add more salt and pepper if you'd like, then enjoy!