Caprese Penne with Prosciutto
While the penne cooks, slice and dice the other ingredients, then toss and eat!
The prosciutto is of course optional and this would be just as yummy "vegetarian style" with just the veggies.
- 2 C cooked penne pasta, cooled
- 5 prosciutto slices, cut into thin strips
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 large bunches of fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/8 C balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy!