Easy Skillet Marinara Sauce
A quick, one pan marinara sauce that can easily used for just about anything.
Without a doubt, there's at least one night every week when I have no desire to stand in the kitchen and make dinner. Of course I still need to feed Ryan and myself, so I'll muster up some energy and make the easiest thing I can think of.
Today is not one of those days. It's the weekend, my favorite time of the week to cook. So I made Baked Spinach Meatballs and a quick little red sauce to make Meatball Subs. What turned up was a delicious Marinara Sauce with a little spice and a lot of flavor.
It took no time at all to make, and I have enough to save for later this week when all I want to do is faceplant on the couch.
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt, pepper
- 2 TBS oregano
- 2 TBS red pepper flakes
- 1 C grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, then cover and let it cook for at least 10 more minutes (the longer the better), and add salt & pepper if more is desired
- Makes about 2 Cups of sauce
Your gravy is Amazing!!! My husband and I are very picky eaters and this is the new Sunday night staple in our home… All 3 of my kids loooove it as we’ll I do make one modification tho… I half the crushed red pepper flakes… Because my kids can’t take that much heat…. Thanks sooo much for the recipe…..Reply