Zesty Parsley Caper Sauce
Use up all that extra parsley in the garden for a zesty sauce that's perfect on bread, over grilled fish or stirred in to pasta. The flavors of red wine vinegar, briney gerkhin pickles and capers create a totally out of this world sauce.
There is an instagram/tik tok page called Katherine Wants that I binge scroll on the daily. The recipes they share are amazing, unique and incredibly easy to make on your own. I say this because I can take no credit for this recipe, but I absolutely had to share this with the world because I just about died when I first tasted this zesty parsley caper sauce.
What's In This Parsley Sauce?
This is the perfect sauce to make (besides my chimichurri!) when you have an overload of parsley. Right now as I write this, it's late October, and there's a frost predicted this weekend, so it's time to pull the last of the parsley. When I stumbled onto this recipe I knew I had to try it, because not only does it need 4 large bunches of parsley, but it also calls for gerkhin pickles and capers, which anything pickled makes me weak at the knees.
The best part about this parsley sauce is that there's very little to do to actually make it - just throw it all in together and blend, tasting for salt if needed.
Serve this with:
- grilled fish or chicken
- on bread or crostini
- tossed into pasta
- used as a salad dressing
- or just eaten by the spoonful right out of the blender like I did 😉
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! Thanks Katherine and Randy for the incredible recipe!
Parsley Caper Sauce
- Cuisinart food processor or Vitamix blender
- 4 large handfuls fresh flat leaf parsley, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, ends removed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS capers
- 8-10 gerkhins (mini cocktail pickles)
- 3 TBS red wine vinegar
- 3/4 C olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Blend everything together, taste for more salt if needed and serve over grilled fish, on bread, into pasta or just by the spoonful!