Greek Orzo Salad
Orzo pasta served cold with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta, basil and celery in a simple salt and pepper olive oil dressing - easy, healthy, fresh, perfect.
Be sure to remove the seeds from the tomatoes and cucumber so the salad doesn't begin to swim in juices - soggy pasta salad is just no fun!
The crunch from the celery and cucumber add great texture to this fresh summery salad, with fragrant basil, sweet cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese. The dressing is simply olive oil, salt and pepper so there is little in the way of ingredients.
- 1 box orzo, cooked then chilled in the fridge or run under cold water in the strainer
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 4oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halves and squeezed to remove the seeds
- 2 celery sticks, ends removed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- olive oil (about ¼ cup)
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper until it's to your liking - so easy!