Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
Peas and carrots are overrated! Bring on brussels and carrots!
What could be more exciting on a Friday night then brussels sprouts and carrots?! But seriously, this is one heck of a side dish. I paired it with Lemon Chicken, however this would go great with chicken, beef, fish, sausage.....you name it - it's delicious.
I love to roast veggies, and pretty soon you'll be seeing much more in the name of roasting. What's great about it is you can pair so many different varieties of vegebtables, spices, sauces and herbs, and besides - who doesn't love the smell of roasting anything in the oven??? The only hard part is being patient for it to cook just right, which is something I lack and Ryan is slowly teaching me.
The brussels come out perfectly soft while the carrots are crisp with a hint of softness - nothing overcooked, just pure vegetables.
- •1 head fresh brussels sprouts, plucked with ends cut off
- •1 LB carrots, peeled & quartered
- •4 TBS olive oil
- •2 TBS minced garlic
- •salt & pepper
- •dash of cajun seasoning
- •6 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 while cutting veggies
- Tip: Preheat the baking dish in the oven for 10 minutes before placing veggies in - it gives them a nice searing before they go in to be baked
- Toss veggies with all ingredients except balsamic vinegar in baking dish.
- Cover and let veggies roast for 45minutes to an hour, or until carrots are slightly soft - stir occasionally
- Pour balsamic vinegar over veggies, cover and continue roasted for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, stir then serve