French Vinaigrette Dressing
This salad dressing just can't be beat. It keeps for weeks in the fridge and not only goes well over a simple green salad, but also on fish or vegetables. The creamy coating of this dressing gives it a decadent look and makes any salad a few notches above the rest. I also call it Easter Vinaigrette since it makes an annual appearance every year!
A properly dressed holiday table should always be complete with a fresh green salad, and on special occasions, store-bought dressings should go out the window. This dressing is so good I could eat is as soup, and when it comes out for the holidays, I'm always caught sneaking into the dining room to sample a few nibbles before everyone sits down.
I'm not sure where this comes from, however it has been a staple at every Thanksgiving, Easter and Christmas dinner. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- •2 tsp salt
- •1 tsp cracked white pepper
- •1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- •1/4 tsp sugar
- •1/2 tsp dry mustard
- •juice of ½ lemon
- •1 clove garlic, pressed
- •5 TBS tarragon or white balsamic vinegar
- •1/2 C vegetable oil
- •2 TBS olive oil
- •1 egg, lightly beaten
- •1/2 C light cream
- Combine all ingredients in the order given in a jar with a tightly fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously to blend, and store in the fridge - it will keep for several weeks
- Makes approximately 2 cups