Creamy White Bean Tomato Soup
This soup uses mostly pantry staples and is incredibly easy to throw together. Keep these ingredients on hand and you'll have delicious, dairy free creamy tomato soup any time.
This is the ultimate grown up version of tomato soup, made dairy free by using coconut milk, thickened with white beans and lots of flavor from sauteed garlic and fire roasted tomatoes. And just like every other soup, this one just get's better with time. Make it ahead as a weekly meal prep for a cozy dinner or healthy lunches.
We love to serve ours with grated plant based parmesan and crusty bread, or be really extra and serve this with grilled cheese sammys!
Creamy White Bean Tomato Soup (Dairy Free)
- 10 garlic cloves chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15 oz cans white beans, such as cannellini or great Northern, drained but not rinsed*
- 1 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can light coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- parmesan cheese for serving
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil, then add the garlic, and cook until fragrant and sizzling, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white beans and their leftover liquid, tomatoes, coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then partly cover, reduce heat, and let simmer until thickened and fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (stick blender), purée the soup until smooth. Add vinegar and then salt and pepper to taste. Serve with toasted bread and parmesan cheese
This soup is delicious and very easy to make. You can keep the ingredients on hand as most, other than the garlic, are pantry items. Thank you for sharing!